Saturday, October 6, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Indoor Yard Sale at the Coop, 132 North River Road, Lee. The Coop is owned by two of our Master Gardeners, Marianne and Jackie. You might find some interesting planter ideas for next season. Open to the public.
Tuesday, October 9, 10 a.m., Fall Potting Party at David W.’s house in Durham. If you need directions, let us know. If you can’t attend the potting party, but have plants you’d like to donate, we can pick them up.
Saturday & Sunday, October 13 & 14 , 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Ask A Master Gardener, Harvest Festival, Tender Crop Farm, 123 Dover Point Road, Dover, NH. Want to volunteer or need more info, email or call Jaime Roberge at 603-749-4445.
Monday, October 15, Deadline, for all Volunteer Hours 10/1/2017 – 09/30/2018. If you have lost your link for reporting, click here to request your link. If you have trouble reporting your hours, please email or call Jaime Roberge at 603-749-4445.
Saturday, October 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Master Gardener and Natural Resources Stewards Recognition Lunch, Canterbury Shaker Village, 288 Shaker Road, Canterbury, NH. Meet Ruth Smith, the new Volunteer Coordinator for the New Hampshire Master Gardener Program. This event is free of charge for Master Gardeners and Natural Resources Stewards. Additional guests are welcome at $10 per guest, payable by cash or check at the event. Please RSVP by October 13th.
Thursday, October 25, 4 p.m., Durham Public Library, 49 Madbury Road, Durham, NH. Ample parking available. Join us for a continuing education session with Robbi Woodburn, Landscape Architect, and founder of Woodburn & Company. Robbi will discuss current trends in her industry, how a project like Riverwoods Durham comes to be, and dealing with climate change in our New Hampshire landscapes. Open to the public.
Friday, October 26, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., 7th Annual Buckthorn Blitz at College Woods in Durham, NH. College Woods and the UNH campus are being overrun with glossy buckthorn, a non-native invasive shrub that crowds out native plants. We’ll be hand-pulling buckthorn to help improve the health of College Woods. Come prepared with a water bottle, long sleeve shirt and pants and sturdy shoes. We’ll provide gloves and snacks. Groups and clubs welcome! Nature Groupie. Register to attend.
While you have your calendar out, remember:
🍰 2018 SCMGA Holiday Gathering, Wednesday, December 5th, 4 p.m., Durham Public Library. Jaime Roberge, Landscape & Greenhouse Horticulture Program Associate, Cooperative Extension – Strafford County, will speak on Permaculture 101.
🌸 2019 Plant Sale is scheduled for Sunday, May 19.
October workshops at our local nurseries:
Wentworth Greenhouses, 141 Rollins Road, Rollinsford, NH October Events:
- Saturday, October 6, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Lavender Lesson, $5 per person, registration required.
- Sunday, October 7, 2-4 p.m., Terrarium Workshop, $5 per person, registration required.
- Saturday, October 13, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Pumpkin Vase Workshop, $20 per person, registration required.
- Sunday, October 14, Kokedama, 2-4 p.m., $30 per person registration required.
- Saturday, October 20, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Dried Wreath Workshop, $35 per person, registration required.
- Sunday, October 21, 2-4 p.m., Terrarium Workshop, $5 per person, registration required.
- Saturday, October 27, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Pumpkin Vase for Two, $30 per pair, registration required.
- Sunday, October 28, 2-4 p.m., Houseplant Workshop, free, registration required.
Rolling Green Nursery, 64 Breakfast Hill Road, Greenland NH October Events:
- Saturday, October 6, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Putting Your Gardens to Bed. Free, no registration required.
- Thursday, October 18, 5-8 p.m., Ladies Night, New Product Review. Pre-registration appreciated.
- Saturday, October 27, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Succulent Container Workshop