Bedrock Gardens is a wonderful garden at 45 High Street, Lee, NH, that is open two weekends a month throughout the summer.
2017 Open Houses
- May 6 and 7: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4, with Bluegrass Music on Sunday with the Smith Family
- May 20 and 21: A student art installation, “Insects and Flight,” both days, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4
- June 3 and 4: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4, with Bluegrass Music on Sunday with the Smith Family
- June 17 and 18: Artisan’s Fair with En Plein Air Artists, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4
- July 1 and 2: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4, with an Antique Auto Show on saturday (rain day of Sunday)
- July 15 and 16: “Threads,” A Fiber Arts Festival, both days, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4
- August 5 and 6: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4
- August 19 and 20: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4, , with ‘Wildlife Encounters’ on Saturday
- September 2 and 3: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4
- September 16 and 17: Open Garden, Sat 10–4, Sun 12–4, with The Caterpillar Lab on Sunday
- July 10 and 24: Tours through OLLI. Separate sign up and fees apply.
- August 20: Tj Wheeler and Charlie Jennison in Concert, 5 pm (ticketed)
- October 1: Talk by Dr. Doug Tallamy Professor & Chair of Entomology & Wildlife Ecology University of Delaware, with reception to follow, 1 pm (ticketed (Info here))
- October 7, 8, 9, Columbus Weekend: Fundraiser Fairy and Hobbit House Festival, all days 11 am–3 pm
Strafford County Master Gardeners have been working in the gardens since it opened to the public, and we have all loved the interaction and learning opportunities in our volunteer efforts.
There are a number of volunteer opportunities available from April to October. Some of the jobs are staffing Greeting, Tickets and Donations, Information, Docents and Tour Guides.
There is also a program “Hands In Dirt” that provides Master Gardeners a lead role in directing other volunteers in tending to the gardens. This is listed in the signup.com as “Hands In Dirt”. You don’t have to be the lead, you can just volunteer to help out. Its fun and a great way to see the gardens and meet others that like to get dirty.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER ON SIGNUP.COM Go into the website: http://signup.com/go/SJY2cr Select the volunteer opportunity. You can sign up for future months by clicking on the month at the top of page. Sign up for as many as you want. Once you select your slots, signup.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders.
IMPORTANT: Only sign up for time slots that you can truly commit to. We are counting on you to be there! If you must cancel for any reason, go back into signup.com and unregister or contact Deb Nugent at dnugent (at) bedrockgardens (dot) org at least 24 hours before your scheduled shift.
Hope you all can experience Bedrock Gardens sometime this summer.
If you have any questions about volunteering at Bedrock Gardens, send us an email.
Submitted by: Joan V., MG since 2010