In an effort to get a jump on our 2017 Plant Sale and to acknowledge the tremendous assist we have gotten from the Lee Congregational Plant Sale in past years, we are looking for guidance on how to propagate more of our own plants.
Being part of the University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension allows us access to some extremely talented and recognized experts in the horticultural field.
Jonathan Ebba, Horticultural Facilities Manager at the UNH Macfarlane Research Greenhouse, has agreed to conduct a propagation class for the Strafford County Master Gardeners.
The focus will be on:
- Starting new plants – how to propagate both soft and woody plants for overwintering
- Understanding the best time to harvest cuttings for propagation
- Learning the most successful techniques
- Overwintering plants – preparation and care throughout the winter
- Providing a greater and more unique variety of plants
The class will be held at the UNH Macfarlane Research Greenhouse, Durham, on Thursday, August 18th, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.